Come and join us! You are welcome to join us on Sundays, Wednesdays, or stop in for a chat! We want to meet you!
A Matching Gift has been made available to the Food Pantry! Click the link below for details, and to donate!
On the Journey...
(Weekly insights from FMC)
January 28, 2015 by Cheryl Miller, Community Life Commission
As chair of the Community Life Commission, I often find myself repeating our Philosophy Statement, which comes from a portion of the FMC vision statement:
“The CLC equips the congregation to care for each other in ways that extend grace, build peace and share love within our faith community at FMC.”
How is this statement manifested as we learn what it means to be a community of faith? This is where the CLC Vision Statement helps guide our thinking and actions:
“We believe and value that our congregation:
1. Embodies God’s loving care with one another
2. Is a community of compassion and peace
3. Relates across generations in our activities
4. Practices the gift of welcoming hospitality for all
5. Accepts all as we are with God’s unconditional grace.
6. Appreciates how differences enrich our faith.
7. Allows love to form unity amidst our diversity.
8. Encourages discernment and exercises spiritual gifts through small group development”
May the Lord continue to bless us on our journey!
Search our site:
Come and join us!
Sunday Worship: 9:00 AM
(Sunday School following)
Wednesday evening meal, (Sept-May) at 5:45 PM.